- A young man aged between 20 and 25, witty and smart, fit but not classically handsome.
- Man in late twenties, also fit, but this one is handsome and confident.
- Late teenage girl, independent, good sense of humor, also ... physically fit.
- Second young female, also late teens, tough, smart and physically fit.
- Man in his forties, obviously physically fit, this one is a military type.
- A man of around thirty or so, this one is an intellectual type.
- Finally, a guy aged around seventy, strong opinions and tough.
That is the big question, of course. Will Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill reprise their roles as Han Solo, Princess Leia, and Luke Skywalker, respectively? It's been rumored and strongly hinted at by Fisher and Hamill, but not confirmed by the studio.
The sequel is slated to begin filming in early 2014, with a release to theaters in 2015, per Disney's original announcement of its LucasFilm acquisition. It's expected to focus on youth, with a new generation of protagonists and antagonists.
It's not expected to follow the official sequel novels.