Well, this just emphasizes the fact that teenagers, despite what they may tell you, don't know much about the world and about what might be a good or bad idea. A Ukiah teenager has been hospitalized after being branded. The kicker: he asked his friends to do it to him.
According to Mendocino County Sheriff's Capt. Kurt Smallcomb, the unnamed 17-year-old, a senior at Ukiah High School, had asked his friends to burn a metal star into his chest, feeling that it would show pride at being from Northern California.
Look, tattoos are bad enough, as they are hard to remove, but a brand? That would be there forever. I can only guess the branding iron idea was cheaper (free) as opposed to a tattoo.
On Wednesday, students gathered in the parking lot of a shopping center during their lunch break, heated the branding iron with a butane torch and pressed it into the teen's chest.
Unfortunately, they apparently went a little too deep, and immediately (?) recognized the issue, and took the boy to the hospital. Authorities say the students who branded the boy may face prosecution.
I'm not sure why. For being as stupid as the kid?