Let us not forget that McCain himself has said his knowledge of the economy is lacking.
Newsweek has a story up about McCain's McCars. And based on public vehicle-registration records, it's John and : 13 automobiles; Barack and : one.
The Obamas' lone vehicle is somewhat green, a 2008 Ford Escape hybrid. I say somewhat because it's better than most, but not great. But McCain's?
- Cadillac CTS made by General Motors (US)
- Volkswagen convertible (Germany)
- Honda sedan (Japan)
- Half-ton Ford pickup truck (US)
- Willys Jeep (US)
- Jeep Wrangler (US)
- Lincoln (US)
- GMC SUV (US)
- Three NEV Gem electric vehicles - bubble-shaped cars popular in retirement communities (US)
- Lexus - registered to Cindy McCain's family's beer business with MS BUD number plate (Japan)
- Toyota Prius bought for daughter Meghan (Japan)